US President recently decided to invoke a Cold War-era defense law to encourage domestic Titanium Nitride powder.
Introduction to Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride, the chemical formula is TiN, is a golden cubic crystal. The molecular weight is 61.89. The melting point is 2950℃. The density is 5.43g/cm3.
Physicochemical Properties of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Titanium nitride is a synthetic ceramic material, extremely hard, and its hardness is close to diamond. Titanium nitride is chemically stable at room temperature but is attacked by hot concentrated acid and oxidized at atmospheric pressure of 800℃. It has the reflection characteristics of an infrared ray (IR), and the reflection spectrum is similar to that of gold (Au), so it is pale yellow.
Depending on the substrate material and the surface finish of the substrate, the relative friction coefficient of titanium nitride is about 0.4-0.9 (without lubrication). Its typical crystal structure is sodium chloride type (the relative stoichiometry of elements is about 1:1), and the thermodynamic stability coefficient X of TiNx complex is 0.6-1.2. The world's first super-insulating material is made from a thin film of titanium nitride cooled to near absolute zero, adding 100,000 units of insulation.
|Titanium Nitride TiN Powder Properties|
|Other Names||Tinite, TiNite, TiN powder, nitridotitanium|
|Appearance||golden brown powder|
|Solubility in H2O||insoluble|
Is titanium nitride stronger than steel?
When titanium is alloyed with other metals, such as aluminum or vanadium, it is significantly stronger than many steels. In strength, the best titanium alloys outperform the lower and middle grades of stainless steel. However, the highest-grade stainless steel is stronger than titanium alloy.
Titanium, however, has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any known metal. With the same strength as steel, titanium is 45% lighter.
Applications of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Can be used for powder metallurgy, as fine ceramic raw material powder, conductive material, and decorative material. Widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and aerospace, and other fields. The material has good electrical conductivity and can be used as electrodes and electrical contact for molten salt electrolysis. It can also be used as an additive in hard-cutting tools. Specifically,
1. Titanium nitride coatings are widely used on metal edges to maintain the corrosion resistance of mechanical molds such as drills and milling cutters, often improving their life by three or more factors.
2. Because of its metallic luster, it is often used for clothing and car decoration. As the outer coating, usually nickel (Ni) or chromium (Cr) as the substrate, packaging pipes, and door and window hardware.
3. The coating is also used in aerospace and military applications, as well as protecting the suspension sliding surfaces of bicycles and motorcycles, and even the damping shafts of remote-controlled toy cars.
4. The material is non-toxic and meets FDA specifications, so it is also commonly used in medical devices, such as sharpening scalpel blades and orthopedic bone saws, or directly as implants (especially hip replacement implants) and other medical implants.
5. Titanium nitride films can be used in microelectronics as a conductive barrier between active devices and metal contacts. When the film is diffused into silicon metal, the conductivity (30-70μ ω ·cm) is sufficient to form a good conductive connection.
6. This special blocking metal also has the chemical or mechanical properties of a ceramic, a process used heavily in current 45nm chip designs to improve the performance of transistors. In the battery field, by combining titanium nitride with a gate dielectric layer (eg. HfSiO), the dielectric constant can be improved, the gate length can be scaled down, the leakage is lower, the drive current is higher, and the threshold voltage can be the same or better than standard SiO2.
7. The high biostability of the alloy extends the application of bioelectronic electrodes, such as the prosthesis project under the retina and the micro-electro-mechanical system (bio-mems) in biomedicine, which enables intelligent implants or in vivo biosensors to withstand severe humoral corrosion.
Main Supplier of Titanium Nitride TiN Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality titanium nitride TiN powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
The Titanium Nitride powder industry has experienced demand expectations driven by the rise and the off-season tired stock driven by the seasonal decline in two rounds of the market. Affected by the COVID-19 epidemic and other factors, inventories of manufacturers continue to accumulate, putting pressure on market sentiment. In addition to off-season factors, the weak trend of Titanium Nitride powder also reflects the market's concern about the epidemic and some other related enterprises' financial situation.
Erbium oxide Er2O3 powder is a pink powder with the chemical formula Er2O3, mainly used as an additive for yttrium iron garnet and a control material for nuclear reactors.…
Iron disilicide is an inorganic silicon compound with a molecular formula of FeSi2 and a molecular weight of 119.975. It is a gray powder, odorless, tetragonal crystals. For hydrogen catalytic oxidation and methanation catalyst.…
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder is a high melting point material with good wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance in high temperature environment. It is made of nichrome tungsten carbide particles, produced by plasma spraying me…